Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Quote Post: Chaotic Good by Whitney Gardner

This is a very spoiler-filled post featuring some of my favorite quotes from Chaotic Good, by Whitney Gardner!


"Dungeons and Dragons has always seemed like the geek game I don't actually have enough cred to play.  I tried to look up the rules online once, and it went way over my head.  I don't think there is any one true way to play, and that's intimidating." 

           
 "I read about mages and bards. About rangers, clerics, and fighters.  And the more I read, the more desperately I wanted to play.  To have a group of friends gathered around a table telling a story.  Creating and cracking inside jokes."

"'Jade! After the battle of the three orcs, you find a vest in a trunk.  It's the most beautiful piece of fabric you've ever seen in your life.  Intricate and delicate.  It weighs almost nothing but feels substantial when you pick it up.'  Lincoln starts to smile as Cooper listens to him from from his place in my arms. I feel his breathing slow.  We're both entranced. 'You put it on, and you can instantly feel its protection.  Its button fastens perfectly, like it was tailor-made for you.  It feels like another limb.  Like something you've been searching for your whole life has now made its way back to you and you dare not part with it.  It gives you plus four to your constitution, plus three charisma, and plus motherfucking eighteen against asshole exes.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment